Sunday, April 7, 2013

Demo Day # 1 - Master Bedroom and Bath

This weekend we demo'd the master bathroom and bedroom.  And!  Our hardwood flooring was delivered.  All 2.5 TONS of hardwood flooring.  Our garage is so full of flooring that we are those people who have a garage and never park it in.  But, I must say that one of my favorite things is getting home and pulling right into my driveway instead of circling the block searching for parking.

Here's the wood:


It is actually 5,000 pounds.  Of wood.  But it is gorgeous.  Jon laid out some of the wood in the living room to see how it is going to look:  


I just love it.  I'm very glad that we went with the 3 1/4 inch hardwood instead of the 2 1/4 inch.  Especially because I'm hoping it will be faster to lay it.  

The master bath is getting a total overhaul and so Jon demo'd that on Saturday:


The bathroom already looks so much bigger without the wall between the vanity and the room for the toilet and shower.  We also pulled up all of the carpet in the master bedroom and yanked about 500 staples from the flooring.  

Hardwood has to be laid on a completely clean and flat surface so every single nail, tack and staple has to be removed.  

It is really coming together.  We have to remove the carpet from the other bedroom and the hallway this week before we can start laying the flooring next weekend!  It is going to look awesome!  I had so much fun wielding the hammer.  I was on nail and staple removal duty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment